Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Conference: The Lost Prince
Friday, 2 November 2012 from 10:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
2 November 2012, 10:00 - 18:00
Ondaatje Wing Theatre
An international academic conference presenting new scholarship on the life and death of Henry, Prince of Wales.
Speakers to include:
· John Peacock, University of Southampton, on designs for Henry's imperial masques
· Karen Hearn, curator, on the art patronage of the Harington family
· Rab MacGibbon, Associate Curator National Portrait Gallery, on the printmaker William Hole
· Dr Luke Morgan, Monash University, on garden designs for Prince Henry
· Professor Tim Wilks, Southampton Solent University, on English cabinet collections
· Dr Michael Ullyot, University of Calgary, on Henry's cautionary example in elegies and sermons
· Dr Catriona Murray, University of Edinburgh, on the development of Henry’s posthumous persona
The day will finish with a drinks reception and performance of mourning songs for Prince Henry written by Giovanni Coprario, and performed by tenor Matthew Long and lutenist Elizabeth Kenny.
Conference ticket includes entry to the exhibition and drinks reception.
Henry, Prince of Wales by Robert Peake the Elder, circa 1610
© National Portrait Gallery, London
The National Portrait Gallery houses the finest collection of portraits in the world, offering a unique insight into the men and women who have shaped British culture from the Middle Ages to the present day. Featuring some of the most iconic and instantly recognisable faces in British history, from Elizabeth I to David Beckham, the National Portrait Gallery has something for everyone. The Gallery offers a varied programme of special events, which encourage discussion, debate and creativity for all ages and interests.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.